Friday 12 December 2014

Twin beacons


"I've been thinking about it. And what you're doing is like flying a plane. The take off was paying the 1st month's rent. And you did it. And you've been flying really smoothly. But now you have to finish off by landing the plane. It could be bumpy but its never as tough as you think it will be. Have faith in your landing abilities and the training you've done so far to get here and of course the fact that you've just flown all the way from there to the USA. Landing is nothing compared to all that."
                                                                                                                           16 June 2014  - 'My son'


"Just don't think about all the bad things mom. You have to be positive even when you feel like there's no point. Its all these little moments that change our lives. The moments where maybe if you had done something just a little bit differently you would have met somebody or discovered something life changing. Those are the moments we should look forward to. And we never know how close they are. Sometimes, when we're just about to give up, we find success is just around the corner, and if we'd just said no that time we would never have made it. It's all about positivity. The devil wants us to fail mom, but if we believe, God won't let us. I love you"     
                                                                                                               8 August 2014 - ' My daughter'



If you are lucky in this lifetime
You get a beacon of light
That ray of light that gives you hope
Illuminates your path when all is dark
Reminds you as you grapple in darkness
That you will emerge in the light eventually
At times that faint light
Beckoning in the distance 
Is your lifeline
When you can't go on
And you're tired of the long hard and dark road
Its your reason to keep moving forward
Your beacon of hope

I was blessed with not one but two of these
Looking into their eyes 
Is like looking into my own
The miracle of life
My bloodline continued
Mine were the first eyes they ever looked into
And they know I would die for them
They have been my lifeline
Through many a dark night
My reminder that if there's anything I have achieved in my life
It's being a good mother
When I read the words of encouragement
That they are capable of crafting for me
It melts my heart, makes me smile
Spurs me on

My children;
My Twin beacons of light

No comments:

Post a Comment