Saturday 20 December 2014

Borderline

I cant understand
         Can't comprehend
Can't make sense
         Can't reconcile
Your ability to lie
         So effortlessly

Knowing how much pain it causes
         How much anguish it brings
How much despair it creates
        When one realises
That all you ever knew
         Is completely untrue

I can't understand
        Can't fathom
Can't come to terms with
        How you find peace in your heart
Knowing how much havoc you wreak
         For those you profess to love

Over and over
        Showing no remorse
Your arrogance precedes all
        Defies all
Disregards all
        Living by your own rules
Unaccountable
        Unrepentent
The lies roll off your tongue
        As if you believe they are now the truth
       


I used to think I was a fool
        That I was naive
That I was gullible
         For succumbing to your dishonest ways
For giving you the benefit of the doubt
         For choosing to see the only the good
I have felt so used and unappreciated
          Extremely betrayed and worthless
How wrong I was to even think
          I could use you as the benchmark
To measure my value or worth


I can't believe
        Can't even begin to imagine
Can't perceive
        Why I ever thought
Why I even considered
        Or even bothered
To keep believing in you
        When you clearly don't believe in yourself

I am drawing a line in the sand today
         Stepping across it boldly
And walking away from you
         Away from your deceit
Away from your disrespect
         Away from your continuous disappointment

How dare you even try
        To take the last of my dignity
The last of my pride
        The last of my hope to believe in good
As you watch my back
        Don't hold your breath
Don't hope for a moment
        Don't think for a split second
That I will look back again
         I won't give you any more chances
I won't reconsider
         I won't look in your direction      
Because it's not the way I'm going anymore


No comments:

Post a Comment